MAIN TEXT: PSALM 27:3 ‘Though an army besieges me, my heart will not fear, though war break out against me, even then will I be confident”.
“But what does it say? “The word is near; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming”.
Fear in this context refers to what is called ‘ungodly fear’. It is an unpleasant feeling of anxiety or apprehension caused by the presence or anticipation of danger. It is powered by demonic forces against a person. It has ears and mouth. Therefore, you can take a stand against it by rebuking it and it will flee from you.
To rebuke is to verbally express your mind over a situation or somebody. Fear is not of God; God certainly wants you to be free from this deadly emotion which the devil employs constantly to ruin people’s lives, stall Christians’ progress and set them against God. Fear is the absence of faith.
To effectively rebuke fear, you must acknowledge this fear and find out the cause. Release yourself to the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the cause of your fear and then deal with it by:
- Avoiding Sin: Sin is the chief cause of fear. As long as you remain in sin, you can never be free from fear. So shun sin.
- Resign yourself to God’s care: This implies throwing your life into God’s hands. God knows your needs; just trust Him to provide them.
- Renew your mind: Constant renewal of your mind by God’s word increases your faith in God.
- Run into God’s presence at every given opportunity. Always get away from situations of fear around you and have communion with God.
- Refute every fear with a promise: Remember the word is in your mouth. God’s word holds a promise for every situation you find yourself.
TRUSTING GOD IS REFUSAL TO GIVE IN TO FEAR.
Prayer point- In Jesus name, I rebuke every spirit of fear attacking me.BY BISHOP NGOZI DURUEKE (HE REIGNS CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL) To send your testimony, write us: firstname.lastname@example.org.